Salads, fresh sausages, oil, fish … Isn’t it true that everything sounds good when the weather is great and you are walking along the beach? The summer months are an excellent time for questioning our eating habits and to trying to make improvements by eating more fruit and vegetables in salads with the idea of cooling down from the heat. And one of the best ways to take care of our nutritional health is by adopting the famous Mediterranean diet, one of the healthiest diets in existence and one that you can enjoy trying in our restaurant in Playa de Palma.
Originally from the countries bathed by the Mediterranean such as Spain and Italy, the Mediterranean diet is based on a large intake of seasonal vegetables, fruits, white meat, fish, nuts, oil and cereals. With this diet your body can expel more toxins and obtain lots of nutrients and vitamins. It has great health benefits, and is highly recommended for everyone who would like to lose weight and prevent some illnesses. These are some of the benefits of the diet:
- Reduces diabetes. In fact, the Mediterranean diet is a great help against diabetes thanks to its high content of carbohydrates and olive oil, ingredients that help control the levels of sugar in our bodies.
- Antioxidant properties. It helps our skin to look radiant, takes care of our body and prevents future illnesses. Being a diet full of fruits and vegetables, it contains a large amount of vitamins.
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases. And one of the reasons is because it reduces cholesterol thanks to the consumption of sustainable fish between 3 and 4 times a week.
- It’s good for the memory. It also helps to prevent cognitive deterioration. Nuts, sustainable fish, fruits that contain vitamin C and green leafy vegetables have lots of beneficial properties for the brain.
- Helps in weight loss, especially in children. Eating fruit and vegetables daily and giving up mass-produced, processed products helps adults and children to maintain a healthy weight.
It all sounds delicious, don’t you agree?. Our pintxos restaurant in Playa de Palma offers you a complete selection of fish, salads, grilled vegetables and succulently prepared chicken and pork that will make you taste all the flavour of the Mediterranean while enjoying a healthy diet with fresh products by the beach. Check out Mikel & Pintxo’s menu and enjoy a real food tour in our restaurant with a Mediterranean diet in Palma.