The Mediterranean cuisine is wonderful and not only for being the leader in one of the richest diets in fruits, vegetables and legumes, but for being the pioneer in using extra virgin olive oil in most of its recipes. This olive ‘juice’ has a very characteristic flavour that differentiates it from other oils and places it at the top of ingredients that it is highly recommended to include in our diet. Who hasn’t had the pleasure of dipping a piece of bread into a delicious drizzle of it? In our paella restaurant in Playa de Palma, we make all our dishes with this type of oil, since it is the purest that is produced at present, without additives or preservatives, and so has a large number of health benefits.
- Antioxidant. The virgin olive oil helps to reduce cell aging thanks to its antioxidant properties found in the oleocanthal compound, preventing the development of some diseases. Thanks to these properties, it is recommended that the product is taken regularly by children and the elderly.
- Source of Vitamins. Especially vitamins A, D, E and K, essential for our body to absorb calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and zinc. The skin is one of the great beneficiaries, since the high contents of vitamin E helps the regeneration of skin cells and helps calm some conditions such as atopic eczema, dermatitis and skin allergies. It also helps us to strengthen the immune system and aids blood circulation.
- A potent ally against cholesterol. Extra virgin olive oil helps lower the level of cholesterol in the blood. This means that the risk of cardiovascular disease is reduced and hypertension is kept at bay.
- Protects brain cells. Thanks to its high content of oleic acid and polyphenols, the percentage occurrence of neurodegenerative diseases is reduced.It also acts as a natural painkiller for joint and rheumatic pain.
- Help with stomach problems such as ulcers and indigestion, because it stimulates the gallbladder. It also works as a natural laxative.
- Beauty aid. In addition to improving the texture and condition of the skin, olive oil is widely used in hair care, especially in making special masks that nourish and strengthen the scalp.
At Mikel & Pintxo we are committed to serving good food in order to offer our customers the best of a healthy diet.